[Amel Yacht Owners] alexandre AC problem-- old post did not go through

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Hello Eric,

I think you tried to send me something, but didn't receive it.

Alexandre

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Eric,

I too had the timer set to zero by a Climma tech, and I too had the same breaker open.

I set it to 20 seconds. I assume that Alex could either have the timer set to zero, or possibly that timer is not working and is staying closed.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

From: <kimberlite@...>
To: lamelyachtowners@...
Bcc:
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 14:15:24 GMT
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Cabin Air Conditioning Tripping 220 Volt Panel Fuse & marina
Bill,
I had the same problem. The countdown timer in my aft cabin was set to 0 second.
The compressor was shorted and I had to have it changed.
Both the boats main breaker and dockside breaker tripped at the same time.
Fair winds,
Eric
sm 376

> [...]
> > Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners]"
> > Date: Monday, June 26, 2017 5:19 pm
> > Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Cabin Air
> > Conditioning Tripping 220 Volt Panel Fuse & marina
> > To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups. com
> >
> > > Good afternoon,
> > >
> > > Today, I hear the
> > fuse of the 220 Volt Panel tripping (the one
> > > behind the panel).
> > found out the fuse of the marina also trip.
> > >
> > > After running tests,
> > the cause is the Aft Cabin Air Conditioning
> > > (which I have been using non stop for 9
> > days).
> > >
> > > Running
> > the salon does not trip anything.
> > >
> > > What could be the cause?
> > > How to diagnostic and solve the issue?
> > >
> > > Did I use too much
> > the air conditioning?
> > > How come the
> > Diruptor did not trip, but the 220 Volt Panel did?

Mark Erdos

Hi Dan,

There has been some talk of AC capacitors on this forum that control the fan speed. It may be that you have a bad high speed fan capacitor. Fairly easy to check and cheap to replace.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising – Guadeloupe

www.creampuff.us