Roller Furling Questions

Duane Siegfri

Mark, there should be either bolts or rivets in those holes connecting the drum of the upper drum to the foil. There was a thread just a few days ago (search for jib furler), there were instructions on how to remove that upper drum then you can inspect the upper drum and the foil for the type of connector.

Mark Erdos

Could someone look at the attached picture and tell me if something is suppose to go in these holes (I circled them in the photo)?

Currently the foil rotates independently from the drum drive thingamajig (the grey wheel attached to the motor), I have four holes that have been filled with silicone. The foil only rotates when the sail is on and is attached to both the foil and the drum. Should the foil be attached to the drum with something in these holes? If so, how?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Guadalupe

www.creampuff.us