From: Gary Wells gary@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Tue, Jul 11, 2017 12:08 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] re: hazy wind screen

Meguiars also makes a three step cleaner, polish and wax system for plexiglass. Int's called "Mirror Glaze" I used to use it on aircraft windscreens all the time and now on Adagio. Some elbow grease, but a nice, clear finish afterwards.

Gary W
S/V Adagio, SM 209
Spokane, WA (us, not the boat :)

greatketch@...

At least some of the polishes have that effect. RainX makes a formulation for plastic that works also.

Don't expect miracles. Even when water beads on the window, there (usually) isn't enough wind to blow it off, not like an auto windscreen at 50 miles an hour! It does help, just not a total fix.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Boston, Mass

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

And, don't forget, it will be saltwater on the Plexiglass. If you wipe or squeegee the Plexiglass, you may damage it. Use lots of freshwater before using a squeegee.

I have not known anyone to remove crazing from Plexiglass. I have always assumed that crazing is deep UD damage and not on the surface. Am I wrong about this?

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Jul 11, 2017 17:41, "greatketch@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

At least some of the polishes have that effect. RainX makes a formulation for plastic that works also.

Don't expect miracles. Even when water beads on the window, there (usually) isn't enough wind to blow it off, not like an auto windscreen at 50 miles an hour! It does help, just not a total fix.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Boston, Mass

Courtney Gorman