[Amel Yacht Owners] considering purchase of SM #233 Monarae

John Clark

Hi Ryan,
   Congratulations.  I don't have any info on your hull number but I did tour hull 232 which I believe was the first SM 2000.

The Amel parts department has been reported to be slow to respond.  I have been told to email the parts person directly.  Her name is Maud,  I am on phone right this moment so don't have her email handy, but you should be able to search the forum for her.

I bought my SM in Le Marin and ordered all my parts through the Amel service manager Jean Collins.  Parts arrived in two days from France.  If you are near Martinique I would touch base with him.

Regards,  John

John Clark
SV Annie SM 37
Charleston, SC

On Jul 17, 2017 4:27 PM, "Ryan Meador ryan.d.meador@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,
I'm likely going to be buying Super Maramu hull #233, Monarae.  Do any of you have any insider info on this boat?

Also, how does one contact the Amel parts department?  I tried emailing through the generic contact form on their website and didn't get a response, I haven't tried calling yet.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan Meador

This is a single-owner boat that has always had that name.  The owner's name is Frank.  The boat is located in Huntington, NY.  It is not a SM 2000, I think it is one of the last of the original SM.  It was built in 1998.

I did not ask Amel about any particular part, I was just seeking general info.  Perhaps more specific inquiries will get better results :)

Bill, I will send you an email off-list presently.

Thanks,
Ryan

On Jul 17, 2017 4:27 PM, "Ryan Meador ryan.d.meador@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi all,
I'm likely going to be buying Super Maramu hull #233, Monarae.  Do any of you have any insider info on this boat?

Also, how does one contact the Amel parts department?  I tried emailing through the generic contact form on their website and didn't get a response, I haven't tried calling yet.

Thanks,
Ryan

Brent Cameron