[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Removing nav center stool

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

John,

Have you removed the seat? I am not sure, but, I seem remember a nut on a piece of threaded stainless steel...maybe that was another boat.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 1:57 PM, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

John,

I am pretty sure that post is glassed in.  It certainly does not lift out, and I have not seen any other mode of attachment.  That makes it really, really secure--and very difficult to remove.

Why do you want to remove it?

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Gloucester, Mass

---In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, wrote :

Hi All,

  Can anyone enlighten me on how to lift the metal out of the floor that holds the stool at the navigation center?

  It is mounted in a tube fiberglassed to the hull under the floor, and won't turn or budge when lifted.  I cannot find any set screws or other locking device.

Regards,   John

John Clark

SV Annie SM 37

Charleston, SC

Alexandre Uster von Baar

On the Maramu, I believe the seat is removable so that it can be placed in the aft cabin.
I looked several time at mine and I don't think it is removable.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Port de Plaisance de Gustavia, Saint Barthélémy, FWI

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Removing nav center stool
To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Monday, July 24, 2017, 2:50 PM

John,
Have you removed
the seat? I am not sure, but, I seem remember
a nut on a piece of threaded stainless steel...maybe that
was another boat.
Best,
CW Bill
RouseAdmiral, Texas