Instrument Interconnections

Dean Gillies

Thanks Bill and Wolfgang,
I didn't realise Navtex was a VHF service.
I do have the Fax30, but have not had any time yet to explore it.
Cheers
Dean
SY Stella
Amel 54 #154

webercardio <webercardio@...>

You only have to press DISP button, turn the rotate key until you see the satellite weather screen, than press the rotate key and you can choose WX or NAV text.
Did you add a (wireless ?) mouse to your Furuno MFD - works just easier.
Do you have SSB BLU ? Perhaps we can try it
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54 #162 near Kalamata GR

Dean Gillies

Ok, progress.
I patched the antenna being used for the Icom 505 Radio to the FA50.
I can now transmit AIS.
Now it's just a case of finding the bad connection on the AIS antenna/feed.

Wolfgang, I do have a breaker labelled BLU SSB. I'm not familiar with what that is, but I'd love to try it out.
I'm at Sounion today. What do I have to do?

Cheers
Dean
SY Stella
Amel 54 #154