[Amel Yacht Owners] Hatch cover removal

Patrick McAneny

Jean-Pierre,
You were wise to make that part of your maintenance schedule , I never thought of it , wish I had.
Thanks,
Pat

-----Original Message-----
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Wed, Sep 6, 2017 4:21 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hatch cover removal

Hi Pat,

I'm in the UK at this time and cannot verify the following. I believe there are two washers indeed however I've also made it a part of my monthly maintenance to loosen the Alan bolts and to re-tighten them again to avoid The kind of problem you are facing

Good luck with your hatches

On 5 Sep 2017, at 21:50, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jean-Pierre, I cannot move them at all , I assume the stainless and aluminum has corroded together. Can you tell me how many plastic washers are on each hatch? I think it may be only two , but not sure, as they sell them in sets of four.
Thanks,
Pat SM #123

From: Jean-Pierre Germain jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Tue, Sep 5, 2017 1:51 pm

Hello Pat,

I don't know if my Goiot hatches are the same as yours but I can tighten mine with a large Alan key on the port side of the hatch. 

GL

On 5 Sep 2017, at 17:53, sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

My hatches don't stay open and I believe I need to replace the friction washer. I applied Pb Blaster for a couple of days , however they will not budge. Its a 1/2' SSteel rod ,threaded into the aluminum frame. Has anyone had any luck ever removing these rods or suggest how to. The fiberglass and lens is very close to use a torch. Also is there just two black plastic washers or more per hatch, I don't know as I have some missing.
Thanks,
Pat SM123

Jean-Pierre Germain <jgermain@...>

Hi Pat,

I'm in the UK at this time and cannot verify the following. I believe there are two washers indeed however I've also made it a part of my monthly maintenance to loosen the Alan bolts and to re-tighten them again to avoid The kind of problem you are facing

Good luck with your hatches

On 5 Sep 2017, at 21:50, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Jean-Pierre, I cannot move them at all , I assume the stainless and aluminum has corroded together. Can you tell me how many plastic washers are on each hatch? I think it may be only two , but not sure, as they sell them in sets of four.

Thanks,
Pat SM #123

From: Jean-Pierre Germain jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>

Hello Pat,

I don't know if my Goiot hatches are the same as yours but I can tighten mine with a large Alan key on the port side of the hatch. 

GL

On 5 Sep 2017, at 17:53, sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

My hatches don't stay open and I believe I need to replace the friction washer. I applied Pb Blaster for a couple of days , however they will not budge. Its a 1/2' SSteel rod ,threaded into the aluminum frame. Has anyone had any luck ever removing these rods or suggest how to. The fiberglass and lens is very close to use a torch. Also is there just two black plastic washers or more per hatch, I don't know as I have some missing.
Thanks,
Pat SM123

Patrick McAneny

Thanks,
Pat SM #123

To: amelyachtowners

Hello Pat,

GL

Thanks,
Pat SM123

Jean-Pierre Germain <jgermain@...>

Hello Pat,

GL

Thanks,

Pat SM123