Topics

motors for outhaul and furling

Miles

Hello all,

The outhaul motor on Ladybug has stopped working.  The circuit breakers and solenoids are alright so I am looking for bushes and bushes for the motor.

Can anyone tell the frame size of the outhaul motor and hardness of the brushes?

Thanks in advance,

MIles

SM 216 Ladybug, moored in Newport, RI harbor.

Miles

Thanks everyone for the advice on the outhaul motor.  Maud at Amel is going to send some bushes to me (and I am going to get a spare motor).  I will then take care of it as you all have recommended.

Regards,

Miles

SM 216 Ladybug now in Newport, RI harbor.

Miles

Thank you to everyone for the good advice on dealing with my outhaul motor.  The brushes were hung up and both motors were full of carbon dust and partly shorted from it.   Maud is sending new brushes to me to replace the badly worn ones.  For the 10 years that I had this boat in the Mediterranean,  Amel took care of all these things and I became lazy.  Now, I am learning stuff I should have known.

Regards,

Miles

Ladybug SM 216 in Newport, RI  preparing to sail to Martinique