[Amel Yacht Owners] motors for outhaul and furling

John Clark

Hi Miles,  can't immediately answer your exact question because I'm sitting in a restaurant, but I found that my main sail motors occaisionally don't respond.  Brushes look good.  I suspect they are hanging up in their holders because after inspection the motors always run....also if you "mechanically agitate" the motor with a winch handle without disassembly I can get they to run long enough that I forget they can be finicky.

John Clark
SV Annie SM 37
Bath,  NC

On Sep 5, 2017 6:58 PM, "milesbid@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello all,

The outhaul motor on Ladybug has stopped working.  The circuit breakers and solenoids are alright so I am looking for bushes and bushes for the motor.

Can anyone tell the frame size of the outhaul motor and hardness of the brushes?

Thanks in advance,

MIles

SM 216 Ladybug, moored in Newport, RI harbor.

Jean-Pierre Germain <jgermain@...>

Hello Miles

This problem occurs occasionally on the hall at SMs that I know of .. when it happens, I use my rubber mallet and tap on the case while a second crewmember activates the switch. This normally works until I can open the case and remove the carbon coming from the rotors.

GL