Sent: Tuesday, 12 September 2017 3:19 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sharki emergency tiller.

Can anybody tell me what the emergency tiller on a 1984 Sharki looks like and is fitted? Were the boats equipped with one from new? How was it used? If you have a photo that would helpful as I think I have to make one.

Thanks,

Mark

smiles bernard

Interesting !
I have a maramu but noticed the hole in the art cabin roof and assumed it must be for a emergency tiller
I've yet to find mine onboard though 😞
All the best
Miles
Sea love
Maramu 162

On 12 Sep 2017, at 01:31, 'Warren Traill' trailz@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Mark. On our 1980 Sharki the emergency tiller shaft fits through the cavity at the rear middle of the aft cabin roof. The cap just lifts off. Then the shaft travels through the ceiling and into a cavity under the aft cabin mattress and through to a receptor on the rudder shaft.

The tiller comes in two parts with the arm extending over the cabin roof to the cockpit.

We store ours in the cockpit lazarette for quick access.

Hope you can find yours.

Regards,

Warren

Manon2

Langkawi

wners@yahoog,hhxroups.com [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Tuesday, 12 September 2017 3:19 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...

Can anybody tell me what the emergency tiller on a 1984 Sharki looks like and is fitted? Were the boats equipped with one from new? How was it used? If you have a photo that would helpful as I think I have to make one.

Thanks,

Mark

carcodespam@icloud.com <no_reply@...>

Warren,
nice to see some photos of the tiller. You can post them here?

Gerhard
Sharki #80

7yqumejrzg65ljqdjmsancxievxsas2bedd3vnsh@...

Warren I will when I have found or made one. Where is your boat? I have been sailing Sea Hobo for about 9 months in the Solent and have not seen another Amel! I would like to see if I have put her together nicely.
Mark

Warren Traill

Hi Mark. We are in Langkawi, Malaysia.