[Amel Yacht Owners] a/c pump replacement

Mark Erdos

Jeff,

We replaced the expensive Italian Calpeda pump installed by Amel with this: https://www.coastalclimatecontrol.com/index.php/product-catalog/product/260-march-1500-gph-115-230v.html. It works much better than the Calpeda (very old technology and expensive parts - also not suitable to ground to the bonding system). The March pump doesn't need to connect the housing to the bonding system since it is plastic where seawater touches (you will need to connect to the ground). You can probably get the pump cheaper if you shop other than coastal climate: http://www.ebay.com/itm/March-pump-TE-5-5C-MD-1-Phase-115-230V-TEFC-/362037495516?hash=item544b1dc6dc

If you wish to purchase the Calpeda pump, Coastal Climate is the USA dealer: https://www.coastalclimatecontrol.com/index.php/water-pumps.html  They are the people who recommended the March pump to me and it has worked well for 3+ years. It was an easy swap as the foot print and hoses are similar. You need to jump the wiring to make it 220v (instructions are included – very easy to do)

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Grenada

www.creampuff.us