From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of smlocalola@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 11 October 2017 22:20:32
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Electric Heads

Our SM has two manual heads, both Jabsco. We are looking at Installing Jabsco Quiet Flush Electric Heads. They seem to fit the SM head floor pan cut out nicely. Any opinions on number of electric heads? Two electric or one+manual? Other things we should consider?

Ian & Margaret

SM153

Loca Lola II

New River, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Stefano Biffi

My hull is 1998, came to me with 2 manual heads. Changed the forward one with Jabsco electric toilet conversion 29200-0240 in 2012. Worked well, changed all the seals, standard jabsco kit, in June 2017. Only complaint is noisy by night. I never used sea water and no smelling at all

Stefano
N'EVEREST Super Maramu 185
now  in Sarzana  Italy

Il giorno 12 ott 2017, alle ore 09:34, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> ha scritto:

Hi Ian and Margaret,

We have our original electric heads in service after 17 years.  Very little maintenance, certainly less than the manual ones we have used in the past. What is important is to flush for at least a count of ten each time--not for the benefit of the machine itself but to make sure that you always have clean water in the pipe leading up from the toilet.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Corfu