[Amel Yacht Owners] Going North in December

Mark Erdos

Chuck and Kim,

It is not a good idea to be in the gulfstream with any aspect of a north wind. I would suggest you wait for a good window with a couple of days of easterly winds and go for it. With the gulf stream current and a 15kt E wind you should easily make 8 kts ground speed – 48hrs.

However, If you have time there are a couple of fun places to stop along the coast: St. Augustine, Fernandina, Cumberland Island etc.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff