Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] waterpressure

Wolfgang Weber

Hello and greetings from Marina die Ragusa to all Amel,
I think my Reya waterpressure is starting to short and often -I think I have to refill the airpressure .Any suggestions how to start and how to controll .
I would switch the pump off, let water run until pressure 1bar ? And then give some air until 2bar?

Thank you for your help

Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54 #162 Marina di Ragusa /Sicily

carcodespam@icloud.com <no_reply@...>

Hello Wolfgang,

I don't know the Reya water system. It is the AMFA two pump water pressure system?
There was an old threat here:
Perhaps it helps?
I am at Marina Monastir with an Amel Sharki.

Gerhard

Mohammad Shirloo

Hello Wolfgang;

We were in Marina Di Ragusa about 3 weeks ago for one night. We did not see you there, otherwise we would have stopped by to say hello, as we do with all Amels that we run into.

We set the pressure in our pressure tank using the following steps:

  1. Turn off the water pressure breaker.
  2. Turn on the faucet at the galley sink and let all water run and leave the faucet on.
  3. Pump the air in the pressure tank to about 1.4 Bar. This seems to give us the best combination of water pressure and pump cycle times.
  4. Shut off the faucet in the galley sink.
  5. Turn on the water pressure breaker.
I'm Assuming that your turn on and turn off settings on the water pressure switch is correct.

If you have to repeat this routine often, then there is an air leak in your pressure tank that could be either at the pressure valve stem or the bladder seal at the tank round stainless steel cap, or you could have a water leak into the bladder itself.

Respectfully;

Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099