Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Keel bolts

Dan Carlson

Hello Dominique,  just to clarify.  I believe the nut you remove to replace the bonding cable is just securing the bonding strap to the keel bolt.  However, the nut securing the keel is below the bonding strap.   I replaced the bonding strap in Martinique in April.  The Amel team there will fabricate the strap and also I was able to borrow the 6 foot extension required to reach the bolt.  The bolt and the nuts looked pristine.

Best regards, Dan Carlson,  SM #387, sv BeBe

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Dominique Guenot dominique_guenot@... [amelyachtowners]
wrote:

I am sailing a SM #374

I had to remove the keel bolt at the bottom of the bilge to install a new ground/bonding cable, the original one being broken.

I got pictures/process from Alban - Amel Martinique - and I have to build a tool to get there, but all in all it was not difficult and the bolt was pristine.

I can post Amel pictures if they are not already posted.

Dominique Guenot

s/v Viva

Currenly in Fiji

Call