Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Perkins M 4.154 repairs

Jean-Pierre's MacBook Air <jgermain@...>

Hi Christian,

I have had very good service from parts4engines.com in the UK.  

I visited their warehouse and they have an extensive supply of components for Perkins and Volvos.

Good luck.

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007

On 31 Oct 2017, at 01:10, calbyy@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I am looking for repair parts to rebuild the Perkins 60 HP diesel engine on Désirade VIII - Maramu N° 116 built 1982.

The engine gave up on me in Tenerife, went in a cloud of smoke as DO went down & mixed with lube oïl, due to faulty oïl pump (worn out - loss of oïl pressure) . 

I sourced suppliers to rebuild cylinder head & blocks, but have difficulty finding a replacement camshaft & tappets, as well as a lube oïl pump. 

I am now looking for one old Perkins M 4.154, laid up somewhere in the world (as close as possible to Europe would be best) to purchase & use for parts, then refit as spare, as I feel more confident to rebuild & run an old engine than to go for the new generation, driven by computers, to sail in out of the main sea-routes.

Interested to hear from you all who did replace your engines.

Fair winds (as I hope to return to the same)

christian Alby - Désirade VIII - Maramu # 116 - now in Marina Atlantico Santa Cruz de Tenerife.

christian alby <calbyy@...>

Hi there Jean Pierre
I am already in contact with them; quick response, they are already checking availability.
They have all to rebuild cylinders, only the camshaft & oïl pump which seem to be hard to find.
thanks for tip

Christian Alby - France home fixe +33 (0)5 34 39 06 02 home Internet +33 (0)9 60 37 22 72 mobile +33 (0)6 42 69 07 80

De : "Jean-Pierre's MacBook Air jgermain@... [amelyachtowners]"
À : amelyachtowners@...
Envoyé le : Mardi 31 octobre 2017 9h46
Objet : Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Perkins M 4.154 repairs

Hi Christian,

I visited their warehouse and they have an extensive supply of components for Perkins and Volvos.

Good luck.

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007

On 31 Oct 2017, at 01:10, calbyy@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I am looking for repair parts to rebuild the Perkins 60 HP diesel engine on Désirade VIII - Maramu N° 116 built 1982.
The engine gave up on me in Tenerife, went in a cloud of smoke as DO went down & mixed with lube oïl, due to faulty oïl pump (worn out - loss of oïl pressure) . 
I sourced suppliers to rebuild cylinder head & blocks, but have difficulty finding a replacement camshaft & tappets, as well as a lube oïl pump. 
I am now looking for one old Perkins M 4.154, laid up somewhere in the world (as close as possible to Europe would be best) to purchase & use for parts, then refit as spare, as I feel more confident to rebuild & run an old engine than to go for the new generation, driven by computers, to sail in out of the main sea-routes.

christian Alby - Désirade VIII - Maramu # 116 - now in Marina Atlantico Santa Cruz de Tenerife.

smiles bernard

Hi Christian 
Have you tried rollopower?
I've not used the yet but will be for some spares for my Perkins M65
I spoke to Martin 
MBone@...
Who was really helpful
All the best
Miles

On 31 Oct 2017, at 08:53, christian alby calbyy@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi there Jean Pierre
I am already in contact with them; quick response, they are already checking availability.
They have all to rebuild cylinders, only the camshaft & oïl pump which seem to be hard to find.
thanks for tip

Christian Alby - France home fixe +33 (0)5 34 39 06 02 home Internet +33 (0)9 60 37 22 72 mobile +33 (0)6 42 69 07 80

De : "Jean-Pierre's MacBook Air jgermain@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups..com>
À : amelyachtowners@...
Envoyé le : Mardi 31 octobre 2017 9h46
Objet : Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Perkins M 4.154 repairs

Hi Christian,

Good luck.

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007