Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] High quality spare Ropes SM 2000
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sunday, November 5, 2017, 9:17 AM

Hello,
We plan to replace one rope
and would like to buy some very good spare ropes- just
for,the case. We are looking for the original ropes or maybe
better ones.
Any recommendations. So far
we would choose again Kevlar ropes. We don't need
halyards.
Oliver SV
JoEmiSM 2000 No. 397

Oliver Buhlert

Hello Alexandre,

for spare I need a 10 diameter to replace in case another 10 diameter Kevlar.

For replacement it is the rope which is „moving" the boom extension car of the main boom.

We are in the US.

Oliver
SV JoEmi
SM 2000 No. 397

Am 05.11.2017 um 16:49 schrieb Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hello Olivier,

Which “rope”?
and where are you located?

Sincerely Alexandre

To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sunday, November 5, 2017, 9:17 AM

Hello,
We plan to replace one rope
and would like to buy some very good spare ropes- just
for,the case. We are looking for the original ropes or maybe
better ones.
Any recommendations. So far
we would choose again Kevlar ropes. We don't need
halyards.
Oliver SV
JoEmiSM 2000 No. 397

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Hello Olivier,

I know exactly which one you need (for the Outhaul).

I don’t have any 10mm, only 16mm and I am in Sint Maarten.

Sincerely, Alexandre

To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sunday, November 5, 2017, 10:52 AM

Hello
Alexandre,
for spare I need a 10 diameter to
replace in case another 10 diameter Kevlar.
For replacement it is the rope
which is „moving" the boom extension car of the main
boom.
We are in the US.
OliverSV JoEmiSM 2000 No. 397
Am 05.11.2017 um 16:49 schrieb
Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:
Hello Olivier,

Which “rope”?
and where are you
located?

Sincerely
Alexandre

On Sun,
11/5/17, qmvwv3fna4dth3r32bdwtz3bpy7meopg2s2xlnuq@... [amelyachtowners]
<amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht
Owners] High quality spare Ropes SM 2000
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sunday,
November 5, 2017, 9:17 AM

Hello,
We plan to replace one rope
and would like to
buy some very good spare ropes- just
for,the case. We are looking for
the original ropes or maybe
better ones.
Any recommendations. So far
we would choose
again Kevlar ropes. We don't need
halyards.
Oliver SV
JoEmiSM 2000 No. 397

Paul Osterberg

For the outhaul I use 12 mm rope with vectran core, the benefit with Vectran over dyneema is less creap and less elongation at load. The 12 mm give better grip in the Anderson line tender. The disadvantage with Vectran is poor UV stability, but as you have a cover that is less of an issue. In Germany you have Liros rope they do a lot of Vectran ropes both with low friction and high friction. Of course choose a high friction rope. We bought from Liros and it works well. Remember to pre stretch the rope before installing
Paul on SY Kerpa SM 259

greatketch@...

It is important to note that the manufacturer of the "Line Tender" that Amel modified to run the outhaul on the main boom and used for the main sail traveler ONLY recommends 12 mm line.

If you try to use 10mm line you will have problems with it slipping.

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Oliver,

Amel SAV recommends replacing with Dyneema 12mm because 10mm Kevlar is almost impossible to find.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 10:52 AM, Oliver Buhlert-von Duehren obuhlert@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Alexandre,

for spare I need a 10 diameter to replace in case another 10 diameter Kevlar.

For replacement it is the rope which is „moving" the boom extension car of the main boom.

We are in the US.

Oliver
SV JoEmi
SM 2000 No. 397

Am 05.11.2017 um 16:49 schrieb Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>:

Hello Olivier,

Which “rope”?
and where are you located?

Sincerely Alexandre

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, November 5, 2017, 9:17 AM

--

Alan Leslie

Since we changed our main outhaul to 12mm Vectran (kevlar like material), we have had zero problems with slippage
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437