Sea cock & thru hulls

smiles bernard

Hi there
My maramu seems to have non marine ball valves fitted as seacocks

Whilst they look new I assume I should replace these with marelon or something equivalent

At the risk of asking a daft question . . These Amel Thru hulls are new to me. Is there a threaded section glassed into the through hull? If so is this metal or a plastic?
It'd be a great help to know before I attempt something stupid !

Many thanks in advance

Miles
Maramu #162

carcodespam@icloud.com <no_reply@...>

Miles,

as seen in your image they are in good condition and you should not worry about it. Material is bronze which is the best choice for seawater. To buy spare parts look here:
https://www.svb.de/de/maestrini-kugelhahn-bronze.html