prop shaft bonding

smiles bernard

Hi there

I own an 1985 amel maramu

Shes new to me and the previous owner fitted a new prop shaft and seal
Which isn't bonded
I'm looking for ideas to copy and assume i would bont this to the same circuit that connects the engine bilge keel bolt, anode etc

I'd be interested in the original setup for prop shaft bonding or thoughts on how best this might be done

All the very best and many thanks in advance

Miles

j.lochhead@...

Hi,

We replaced our SS prop shaft due to corrosion.  It was not bonded.  I think the original shaft was bronze (we still have it as a spare).   We discovered the corrosion when we pulled the shaft to replace the cutlass bearing.

If you have a SS shaft with no anode I suggest you pull the shaft to inspect.

 We just added an anode to the end of the new shaft we had made.

greatketch@...

If you had an unbonded SS shaft with no anode, I am curious...  how did your prop survive?

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Ft Lauderdale, FL