Topics

Photos Section Problems - Yahoo Nov 2017

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Is anybody else having trouble accessing the photos section?   I have used a couple of different computers and a couple of different browsers and I am getting limited and spotty viewing of photos.

Wondering if our moderator might check this out and see if there is a problem on the Yahoo side of things.

Gary S. Silver

s/v Liahona

Amel SM #335

Puerto Del Rey Marina  - Puerto Rico

carcodespam@icloud.com <no_reply@...>

No problems here. Perhaps you have a poor internet connection?
Images are usually something greater than plain text files.

Gerhard

mfmcgovern@...

Gary,

I'm having similar issues and can't access any Photos. I also checked the Files section and I can't download any Files. I get a message stating "Yahoo - 400 Bad Request" when I try to download a File. Definitely not good!

Mark
SM #440 Cara
Deale, MD USA

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Mark:  I received the PDFs via email, thank you,  Gerhard and Duane, thanks for your reply.  Trying the photos section again this morning I am having the same problem.  Running a speed test on my internet connection is showing 150 GB per second download speed and I am not having problems with any other applications.  When I look at the photos thumbnails there are random blank areas and if I try to open a thumbnail it goes to a low resolution picture and the download circling "wait" icon just runs and the photo will never open.  The files section seems to be ok on my end.  I can't find our moderator information anymore to attempt to have him/her contact Yahoo to see if there is an issue. Thanks for the thoughts.

Sincerely,

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM #335

garysilver at mac dot com

carcodespam@icloud.com <no_reply@...>

Gary:
A bandwidth of 150 GB per second is rather unusual when GB means GigaBits as you wrote. At home I have an optical fiber cable connection with the fastest available internet connection of 100 MegaBits/s and here on board in Tunesia I have about 6 MegaBits/s in the marina by WiFi. But I have never seen something with GigaBits/s anywhere in the world.

Gerhard

Derick Gates

Gary,

For the last couple of weeks I have had the same issue with trying to access the photos section. Despite re-logging in to my Yahoo account (which is necessary to access file or photos sections, and also to comment) it was still problematic. Today, however, I got complete and fast access to all photos in the photo section. Not sure what changed.

Derick Gates
SM2K#400 Brava
Still on the hard in Antigua