[Amel Yacht Owners] Amel 54 bow thruster position detection

Peter Forbes

Paul,

The signal wires are two small black wires that attach to two sensors cables tied onto the silver coloured shaft up and down which the thruster motor slides. These black wires disappear into the little grey box on the aft wall of the bow locker to Port.

I tried checking the wires connections into the grey box first could be corroded.

Try this first.

Peter
Carango -Amel 54 #035

On 13 Nov 2017, at 13:21, sharongbrown@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have an Amel 54 with sidepower bow thruster. The indicator light (and sound) for when it reaches the down position has stopped working. Would someone be able to tell me, or show me, exactly where the detector is on the unit so I can check it. I'm hoping its just a corroded connection.
Thanks in advance,
Paul
Ya Fohi
Amel 54 #98

ya_fohi

Peter,

Thanks. It looks like the small unit attached to the pole has corrosion. Would you know if this is reparable or will I need to get a replacement from Amel? See photo below.

Cheers,
Paul

ya_fohi

I have attacehd the photo as it did not appear in my last post.

Peter Forbes

I got replacements from Amel there is a Top one and s bottom one - note carefully their positions before removing. I just sent a photo to Amel and asked for two.

Peter

On 14 Nov 2017, at 01:53, sharongbrown@gmail.com [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Peter,

Thanks. It looks like the small unit attached to the pole has corrosion. Would you know if this is reparable or will I need to get a replacement from Amel? See photo below.

Cheers,
Paul

ya_fohi

Peter,

Amel have also suggested that it may be a relay problem. Would you happen to know how I can test if its the relay or the sensor?

Regsrding your comment about noting the position, and because the sensor seems to be attached by some kind of clamp, this makes me think the sensor works by induction. Would you know?

Cheers,
Paul