[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Replacing Sonic Speed Log

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Thanks, Alan. I have been waiting for this report.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

Strangely our original Amel fitted B&G sonic speed unit worked perfectly till our boat became marina bound for 5 years, with just occasional weekend short sails.

Now that the boat is used daily again cruising, the B&G sonic works perfectly and accurately again for more than 4500 n.m.!

We intended to replace it but now no need. Very odd how it fixed itself once the boat was in frequent use again!

Colin Streeter
SV Island Pearl II Amel53 #332
Anchored outside Telago Marina
Langkawi. Malaysia.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S6 on the Telstra Mobile Network

Thanks, Alan. I have been waiting for this report.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

ya_fohi

Hi,
I have been having problems with the B&G sonic speed log for a while now. I've tried replacing the board (where the transducers connect to), and checked the resistance on the transducers which seem ok, all to no avail. I'm told I should probably replace the transducers but this seems like a difficult and expensive job and may not even be the cause. Any advice?
Cheers,
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Alan Leslie

That was my experience exactly which is why I went down the route of installing the Airmar CS4500 Ultrasonic xsdcr.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

scentstone

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the extensive documentation about the Sonic Speed replacement.
Highly appreciated by many of us ;-)
Kind regards

Fred
S/V ScentStone