[Amel Yacht Owners] Mast Deck Flood Lights

Mark Pitt

Hi Barry & Robyn,

I recently installed the Aqua Signal Series 43 LED Masthead / Foredeck Combi-Light.  Fits exactly where the original incandescent Aqua-Signal light was.  Runs at 12 and 24 volts.  You can buy it everywhere.  I got mine at svb24.com in Germany but defender has it for $610 in the US.

Best regards,

Mark Pitt

Sabbatical III, SM#419,  currently in Spain

On 11/27/2017 3:35 PM, seagasm@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Good morning crew, I would like to replace the Main Mast Deck Flood Light, preferably an LED. Has anyone got a contact where to obtain these and in 24Volt. There is such an array of options available, it's exhausting and I would like to stick with something close to the original.

Best Regards

Barry & Robyn

Tradewinds III SM #171

Mark Erdos

OMG – You paid $610 for a light bulb?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising – St Lucia, the crime island

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 4:51 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mast Deck Flood Lights

Hi Barry & Robyn,

I recently installed the Aqua Signal Series 43 LED Masthead / Foredeck Combi-Light.  Fits exactly where the original incandescent Aqua-Signal light was.  Runs at 12 and 24 volts.  You can buy it everywhere.  I got mine at svb24.com in Germany but defender has it for $610 in the US.

Best regards,

Mark Pitt

Good morning crew, I would like to replace the Main Mast Deck Flood Light, preferably an LED. Has anyone got a contact where to obtain these and in 24Volt. There is such an array of options available, it's exhausting and I would like to stick with something close to the original.

Best Regards

Barry & Robyn

Tradewinds III SM #171

Mark Pitt

I believe that Barry's email is referring to a light fixture not merely a bulb.  In my case, the fixture had lost the retaining ring/cap and was otherwise in poor shape.  I could not find a replacement fixture for a 24 volt Aqua-Signal incandescent fixture anywhere online in Europe. I am not sure that one can find them in the US.  Only the 12 volt versions of the incandescent fixture seem to be available.  So if you want to stay with Aqua-Signal ("stay close to the original" as Barry said) and require 24 volts, as we do, then the pricey Aqua-Signal Series 43 LED combi light seems to be the only way to go. It's a "drop in" replacement.

Mark

Sabbatical III, SM#419, Spain

On 11/27/2017 7:06 PM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Hi Barry & Robyn,

Best regards,

Mark Pitt

Best Regards

Barry & Robyn

Tradewinds III SM #171

Ryan Meador

I replaced my mizzen/cockpit lightbulb with this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWWB5LM

It has served me well since August, and is probably the least expensive boat maintenance I've ever done.  They also make a spotlight version which I intend to install on the mainmast first thing in the spring.

Ryan
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 8:01 PM, Mark Pitt mark_pitt@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I believe that Barry's email is referring to a light fixture not merely a bulb.  In my case, the fixture had lost the retaining ring/cap and was otherwise in poor shape.  I could not find a replacement fixture for a 24 volt Aqua-Signal incandescent fixture anywhere online in Europe. I am not sure that one can find them in the US.  Only the 12 volt versions of the incandescent fixture seem to be available.  So if you want to stay with Aqua-Signal ("stay close to the original" as Barry said) and require 24 volts, as we do, then the pricey Aqua-Signal Series 43 LED combi light seems to be the only way to go. It's a "drop in" replacement.

Mark

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com]
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Hi Barry & Robyn,

Best regards,

Mark Pitt

Best Regards

Barry & Robyn

Tradewinds III SM #171

eric freedman

Mark,

If you are talking about the foredeck light half way up the mast. I bought one last year at Budget Marine in St Maarten. It is a stock item.

24 volts just means you have to change the lamps from 12 to 24 volts.

Easy install with ¼ inch pop rivets.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 8:01 PM

Mark

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

www.creampuff.us

Hi Barry & Robyn,

Best regards,

Mark Pitt

Best Regards

Barry & Robyn

Tradewinds III SM #171

seagasm@...

Thank you everyone for your response, I will look into all your suggestions. I appreciated your help.

Best Regards

Barry & Robyn
Tradewinds III SM # 171

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Hello Eric,

I bought mine from Marine Beam, but when I look at their web site, they don’t seem to have it.
http://www.nikimat.com/factures/2015_04_14_marine_beam.jpg

http://www.nikimat.com/light.html
looks the same as the link you show.

I had the 60 degree angle for both, and it was ok on the forward spreader, but I think the narrower angle you had was better.

Sincerely, Alexandre

--------------------------------------------

On Mon, 11/27/17, 'sailormon' kimberlite@optonline.net [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mast Deck Flood Lights
Date: Monday, November 27, 2017, 4:24 PM

[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 5:23
PM
To:
amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mast
Deck Flood Lights    This might be the
lamp.http://www.lunasealighting.com/products/detail/spreader-foredeck-led-light-bulb/led-flood-lightsIf it is not ot looks
like this.Fair
WindsEricKimberlite Amel Super
Maramu #376  From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 5:09
PM
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mast
Deck Flood Lights   Hi,I believe Alexandre
posted the model of a very effective LED deck light.
Unfortunately I do not
remember where I bought it. I bought the narrow beam one for
the foredeck, and the wide beam for the
cockpit.It fits into the Aqua
Signal deck light fixtures. They are heavier than the glass
light bulb. I would strongly suggest reinforcing the fixture
or put silicone around the LED due to its
weight.They are amazingly
bright.Fair
WindsEricKimberlite Amel Super
Maramu #376  From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Monday, November 27, 2017 3:36
PM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mast Deck
Flood Lights   Good morning crew, I would
like to replace the Main Mast Deck Flood Light, preferably
an LED. Has anyone got a contact where to obtain these and
in 24Volt. There is such an array of options available,
it's exhausting and I would like to stick with something
close to the original. Best
RegardsBarry & RobynTradewinds III SM

Alejandro Paquin

Alexandre,
Marinebeam used to sell the 13W 24V lamp. I purchased the 4 1/2" PAR36 LED Sealed Beam Replacement Bulb (SB-PAR) with a 30º, best option if you want all the light on the deck only.
You could choose voltage as well. But now it appears to be unavailable.
However the 10W LED Tractor Light Replacement - 4.5" Sealed Beam PAR36 could be a good option, with an agle of 38º and 10W, seems it could work as well.

Regards,

Alex Paquin
s/v SIMPATICO
Older Maramu 1982, #94