Quantity and Type of Primary Rode

Mark Isaac

Hello All,

I believe I have a solid idea of the chain vs rope, BBB vs G40 and a lot vs a little compromises associated with anchor rode.  I would like to know what you actually carry and if you wished you carried something different or are happy with your choice.  I know we will be cruising the Bahamas and Caribbean, but beyond those areas is possible and I would like to be prepared for beyond....so basically, what would you carry for world cruising on an Amel SM?

Mark Isaac

SM #391

Ft. Lauderdale

greatketch@...

Our boat has been on two circumnavigations (so far!) with 60 meters of G40, and an additional 100 meters of line.

Cruising this boat in the Caribbean and US East coast we haven't yet used all the chain.  Anchorages in the Pacific tend to be deeper, and more is better.

That's what we have...  If I was equipping the boat myself from scratch I'd go with 80, maybe even as much as 100 meters of chain and groan a lot about the excess weight... until I really needed it!

Bill Kinney
Sm160, Harmonie
Fort Lauderdale, FL