From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2017 3:57 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Climma Heat

We started the aft cabin Climma heater today and it's not working.

It starts to heat, based on my hand on the air outlet, but after 10 seconds or so blows only cold air.  So the heating element (we have the EH model) turns off after a few seconds.  I'll change the capacitors tomorrow, but can anyone add to the things for me to check?

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

I am 99% sure the fan speed is too slow which is tripping the thermostatic safety switch which is getting too hot because of low fan speed. If the heat is turning OFF with the fan on high, check the three fan capacitors. If they are out of range, replace them. If you don't have a multitester that will test them, replace them.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Dec 7, 2017 18:22, "'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Duane,

Check the 3 small capacitors. In my case the same thing happened due to low fan speed the thermal switch turned the heat off.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376