Are you using propane or butane?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2017 12:45 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] electric gas switch

Dear Amelians,

I know there has been a discussion about the electric gas switch that seats out there in the compartment with the gas tanks. I rememer you talked about a German manufacturer and how hard it is to get it....

Unfortunatellly, I can't find that conversation anymore. Any information in regards to the vendor and the model AMEL is using (2005 AMEL54) is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Alex

SY NO STRESS

AMEL54#15

Alex Ramseyer <alexramseyer@...>

Eric, I have two gas tanks in the compartment on the portside. Both are connected to that switch. One tank has European connection and uses buthan (available here in Martinique), the other has a U.S. connection and uses propane. Why are you asking? Is there anything important that I don't konw/should consider?
Regards, Alex
AMEL54#15, NO STRESS

On Saturday, December 9, 2017, 5:45:53 PM GMT-4, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Alex,

Fair Winds

Eric

Dear Amelians,

I know there has been a discussion about the electric gas switch that seats out there in the compartment with the gas tanks. I rememer you talked about a German manufacturer and how hard it is to get it....

Unfortunatellly, I can't find that conversation anymore. Any information in regards to the vendor and the model AMEL is using (2005 AMEL54) is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Alex

SY NO STRESS

AMEL54#15

Eric Freedman

Alex,

I changed my solenoid to a USA made solenoid.

It is very easy to get and the pipes fit up to it quite nicely.

I  think you are a few boats away from Kimberlite on the Ponton.

.Fair Winds

Eric

Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] electric gas switch

Eric, I have two gas tanks in the compartment on the portside. Both are connected to that switch. One tank has European connection and uses buthan (available here in Martinique), the other has a U.S. connection and uses propane. Why are you asking? Is there anything important that I don't konw/should consider?

Regards, Alex

AMEL54#15, NO STRESS

On Saturday, December 9, 2017, 5:45:53 PM GMT-4, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Alex,

Fair Winds

Eric

Dear Amelians,

Best Regards,

Alex

SY NO STRESS

AMEL54#15

Patrick McAneny

Eric , My switch does not light up , no gas . Is that necessarily the solenoid , could it be the power source ? I had damage to electrical equipment and I believe the electrical source is from a small , square , I am guessing transformer located in the compartment above the galley. I believe 24v feeds it , but don't get a reading coming out. Can anyone confirm that this is the power source, Should the switch lite up even with a bad solenoid , or does that indicate a bad switch ?
Thanks,
Pat SM#123

-----Original Message-----
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Tue, Dec 12, 2017 7:30 pm
Subject: RE: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] electric gas switch

Alex,
.Fair Winds
Eric

Regards, Alex
AMEL54#15, NO STRESS

On Saturday, December 9, 2017, 5:45:53 PM GMT-4, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Alex,
Fair Winds
Eric

Dear Amelians,
Best Regards,
Alex
SY NO STRESS
AMEL54#15

Eric Freedman

Pat,

Do you have 24 volts at the solenoid when the gas switch is turned on?

If not you could have a bad circuit breaker or a bad switch on the electrical panel.

Fair Winds

Eric

Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] electric gas switch

Eric , My switch does not light up , no gas . Is that necessarily the solenoid , could it be the power source ? I had damage to electrical equipment and I believe the electrical source is from a small , square , I am guessing transformer located in the compartment above the galley. I believe 24v feeds it , but don't get a reading coming out. Can anyone confirm that this is the power source, Should the switch lite up even with a bad solenoid , or does that indicate a bad switch ?

Thanks,

Pat SM#123

-----Original Message-----
From: 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Tue, Dec 12, 2017 7:30 pm
Subject: RE: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] electric gas switch

Alex,

.Fair Winds

Eric

Regards, Alex

AMEL54#15, NO STRESS

Alex,

Fair Winds

Eric

Dear Amelians,

Best Regards,

Alex

SY NO STRESS

AMEL54#15

VLADIMIR SONSEV

US company  RedHead makes good solenoid valves for this application. I was using one with manual override. That is good feature for very bad situation.

Vladimir
SM 346 "LIFE IS GOOD"

On Dec 12, 2017 12:42, "Alex Ramseyer alexramseyer@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Regards, Alex
AMEL54#15, NO STRESS

On Saturday, December 9, 2017, 5:45:53 PM GMT-4, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Alex,

Fair Winds

Eric

From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com [mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com]
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Dear Amelians,

Best Regards,

Alex

SY NO STRESS

AMEL54#15

VLADIMIR SONSEV

I shoud write ASCO Red Hat.

VLADIMIR
SM 345

On Dec 13, 2017 17:59, "Vladimir Sonsev" <sonsev52@...> wrote:
US company  RedHead makes good solenoid valves for this application. I was using one with manual override. That is good feature for very bad situation.

Vladimir
SM 346 "LIFE IS GOOD"

On Dec 12, 2017 12:42, "Alex Ramseyer alexramseyer@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Regards, Alex
AMEL54#15, NO STRESS

On Saturday, December 9, 2017, 5:45:53 PM GMT-4, 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...om> wrote:

Alex,

Fair Winds

Eric

From: amelyachtowners@...m [mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com]
To: amelyachtowners@...m

Dear Amelians,

Best Regards,

Alex

SY NO STRESS

AMEL54#15