[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel Santorin Propeller Question

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Lisa, The strange coppery clour is the the correct ATF oil. Thats its colour and less than a litre is correct.

Danny SM 299 )cean Pearl

On 18 December 2017 at 05:15 "lisallt2@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Update: changed the gearbox oil as a precaution even though it was just changed 1 month ago in Le Marin. Less than a liter drained out. Also, it had a strange, coppery look to it. Ran engine oil through a couple of times and topped it up. Will need to test against wind and waves but hoping this resolves the issue.

Lisa Tharpe
S/V Azimuth
Amel Santorin #143

Herbert Lackner

hi gang,

now as the discussion is about ATF  - I was wondering if it has to be ATF Type A as required by Hurth.  As Type A is not very common anymore is it ok to use any ATF Dexron 2 or 3 (what is available in every shop)? What specification can replace the Type A?

thx, herbert
SN120 KALI MERA, Panama Shelter Bay

Mark Erdos

Dextron II or III will work and are recommended by Hurth

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Martinique

www.creampuff.us