From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:21 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Gasket for Hatches

Hi all,
RigRite says it will be a month or more before they have Goiot Tradition hatch gaskets available.

Does anyone have another source? Joel, is there anyone in S Florida who would have them?

Has anyone used another gasket material?

Does anyone have the dimensions and hardness of the Goiot gaskets?

HatchMasters says they've sold a round profile gasket for these hatches, but won't give a size recommendation.

Thanks for any help.

Kent
SM243 Kristy
Currently Ft Lauderdale

Patrick McAneny

Kent , Pretty sure this is what I bought and it fit perfectly , there is several sizes available , but I think 1/2" X 1/2" is what I ordered. Take a measurement of your hatches to be sure. It comes from 25 ft. to 100 ft. rolls. I had plenty on board, could have given to you in St. Michaels. Say Hi! to Iris .
Hope this helps,
Pat

RigRite says it will be a month or more before they have Goiot Tradition hatch gaskets available.

Does anyone have another source? Joel, is there anyone in S Florida who would have them?

Has anyone used another gasket material?

Does anyone have the dimensions and hardness of the Goiot gaskets?

HatchMasters says they've sold a round profile gasket for these hatches, but won't give a size recommendation.

Thanks for any help.

Kent
SM243 Kristy
Currently Ft Lauderdale

karkauai

Hi Eric,
I'll ck them out, thanks.

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM 243
Hi Kent,

Did you try contacting Budget Marine in St Maarten?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

.

karkauai

Thanks, Pat.
You said you had plenty left over and could have given me some. Do you know if it was more than 25 feet to do all four hatches?

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM243
Kent , Pretty sure this is what I bought and it fit perfectly , there is several sizes available , but I think 1/2" X 1/2" is what I ordered. Take a measurement of your hatches to be sure. It comes from 25 ft. to 100 ft. rolls. I had plenty on board, could have given to you in St. Michaels. Say Hi! to Iris .

Patrick McAneny

Kent, I only did one , that's why I had some left over , I intend to do the rest. I am guessing 6ft. would do one hatch , so 25' would do 4 , better measure to be sure. If I can help by buying it and shipping to you let me know.
Pat
SM Shenanigans

You said you had plenty left over and could have given me some. Do you know if it was more than 25 feet to do all four hatches?

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM243
Kent , Pretty sure this is what I bought and it fit perfectly , there is several sizes available , but I think 1/2" X 1/2" is what I ordered. Take a measurement of your hatches to be sure. It comes from 25 ft. to 100 ft. rolls. I had plenty on board, could have given to you in St. Michaels. Say Hi! to Iris .

karkauai

Thanks Pat.  I'm still in Ft Lauderdale and can get them shipped to me here.

Was the original gasket hollow in cross section?  I read somewhere here that it was a trapezoidal shaped gasket.

Hi to Diane!

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM 243

Patrick McAneny

Kent, It was so flattened out that I did not notice or even looked.
Sorry,
Pat SM #123

Thanks Pat.  I'm still in Ft Lauderdale and can get them shipped to me here.

Was the original gasket hollow in cross section?  I read somewhere here that it was a trapezoidal shaped gasket.

Hi to Diane!

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM 243

karkauai

Thanks Pat.  Does anybody else have the specs or a profile picture of the Goiot Tradition hatch gaskets?

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM243

Kent, It was so flattened out that I did not notice or even looked.
Sorry,
Pat SM #123

svsunnyside

Hi,
The gaskets for Goiot Tradition are trapezoidal (14 at the base , 12 at the top and 10 mm high)
Google Rig-Rite then Goiot hatch parts, then Tradition hatch parts, and finally Gaskets for Tradition Hatches.

Gabriele
S/V Sunny Side
Maramu #219

Thanks Pat.  Does anybody else have the specs or a profile picture of the Goiot Tradition hatch gaskets?

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM243

Kent, It was so flattened out that I did not notice or even looked.
Sorry,
Pat SM #123

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Yes, the Goiot Hatch gaskets are trapezoidal and the Port gaskets are 10mm round.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus