Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] SM Aft Cabin Hatch Holder

karkauai

I made 3 different-length props with pvc pipe and rubber table leg ends 5/8" dia.  A second set for the dodger window allows me to crack it open for air when the traveler is moved to port.

I don't remember who now, but another member showed me this several years ago.

Kent
S/V Kristy
SM 243

On Feb 4, 2018, at 15:51, smlocalola@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I have been told there is a special AMEL device/fixture that will prop the aft cabin hatch open. We can't find one on board so we would like to make one. Would anyone have a photo?

Ian Townsend

Loca Lola II

SM 153

George Town, Exumas, Bahamas

greatketch@...

Our boat came with a "custom made" hatch prop.  A 1"x2"x10" piece of unfinished teak.  Inserted longwise it held the hatch wide open, edgewise just a bit open, and laid flat just a crack.

Even though it was "stored" just laid on the after deck outside the hatch, it somehow survived TWO circumnavigations just fine.  We had it wash overboard after a year. Bummer.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Great Guana Cay, Bahamas