Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mystery Boat
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 8:52 AM

Last month my wife and I were anchored
off Cabrit in Iles Des Saintes. As often happens, an Amel
leaving the area altered course and came by to chat. It was
French flagged boat with a nice gentleman who inquired
whether we were heading north or south. He circled us once
and left. As he was leaving I noticed that his rub rail was
sporting "Super Maramu 2000
S"............"S" ???? I had never seen an
"S" designation on an SM2K. It looked
legitimate.......not like those pranksters who paint 300 hp
on their 3 hp Honda outboard. Does anyone know what this was
?

Beaute Olivier

Hello,

no I cannot tell anything about that. I've never seen a SUPER MARAMU 2000 S ...
Any picture of this SM ?

Olivier

On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 4:14 PM, "Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

I met a guy that met this owner.
If I remember correctly the (original) owner worked for Amel and in his boat had the same ceiling and other things as the 54, etc.

May be Olivier can enlight us!

Sincerely, Alexandre

To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 8:52 AM

Last month my wife and I were anchored
off Cabrit in Iles Des Saintes. As often happens, an Amel
leaving the area altered course and came by to chat. It was
French flagged boat with a nice gentleman who inquired
whether we were heading north or south. He circled us once
and left. As he was leaving I noticed that his rub rail was
sporting "Super Maramu 2000
S"............"S" ???? I had never seen an
"S" designation on an SM2K. It looked
legitimate.......not like those pranksters who paint 300 hp
on their 3 hp Honda outboard. Does anyone know what this was
?

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Hello Olivier,

Well if you don't know about it, then may be the owner tried to be fancy...
I will ask Jean who owns "Too Much" the story he heard when he met the owner.

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Mystery Boat
To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 1:50 PM

uster@rocketmail.com [amelyachtowners]"

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 8:52 AM

Last month my wife and I were anchored

off Cabrit in Iles Des Saintes. As often happens, an
Amel

leaving the area altered course and came by to chat. It
was

French flagged boat with a nice gentleman who inquired

whether we were heading north or south. He circled us
once

and left. As he was leaving I noticed that his rub rail
was

sporting "Super Maramu 2000

S"............"S" ???? I had never seen
an

"S" designation on an SM2K. It looked

legitimate.......not like those pranksters who paint 300
hp

on their 3 hp Honda outboard. Does anyone know what this
was

?

VLADIMIR SONSEV

I have seen this boat in Martinique. The boat was on the dock next to my boat. I was inside. According to the owner "S" stands for special. Boat has many good features of new 54' boat. It has much more modern look. As I know, the upgrads are more for interior.

Vladimir
SM 345 "LIFE IS GOOD"

To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>

Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 8:52 AM

Last month my wife and I were anchored

off Cabrit in Iles Des Saintes. As often happens, an
Amel

leaving the area altered course and came by to chat. It
was

French flagged boat with a nice gentleman who inquired

whether we were heading north or south. He circled us
once

and left. As he was leaving I noticed that his rub rail
was

sporting "Super Maramu 2000

S"............"S" ???? I had never seen
an

"S" designation on an SM2K. It looked

legitimate.......not like those pranksters who paint 300
hp

on their 3 hp Honda outboard. Does anyone know what this
was

?

Alexandre Uster von Baar

I just heard back from Jean who’s own SM2K Too Much and met the owner of that “Super Maramu 2000 S”.
So the owner’s name is Luc and he apparently work 20 years for Amel.
Somehow his SM2K went back to Amel and had a ceiling of the style of the 54…
I think the owner took on himself to add the S, definitely not an Amel name !

Sincerely, Alexandre
NIKIMAT - Super Maramu 2000 U !!!

To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>

Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 8:52 AM

Last month my wife and I were anchored

off Cabrit in Iles Des Saintes. As often happens, an
Amel

leaving the area altered course and came by to chat. It
was

French flagged boat with a nice gentleman who inquired

whether we were heading north or south. He circled us
once

and left. As he was leaving I noticed that his rub rail
was

sporting "Super Maramu 2000

S"............"S" ???? I had never seen
an

"S" designation on an SM2K. It looked

legitimate.......not like those pranksters who paint 300
hp

on their 3 hp Honda outboard. Does anyone know what this
was

?

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Yes, but Luc is not original owner. He told me that he is a second owner of this boat.
I like that there is no carpeting in the boat.

Vladimir
202 258 1916

To: "amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>

Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 8:52 AM

Last month my wife and I were anchored

off Cabrit in Iles Des Saintes. As often happens, an
Amel

leaving the area altered course and came by to chat. It
was

French flagged boat with a nice gentleman who inquired

whether we were heading north or south. He circled us
once

and left. As he was leaving I noticed that his rub rail
was

sporting "Super Maramu 2000

S"............"S" ???? I had never seen
an

"S" designation on an SM2K. It looked

legitimate.......not like those pranksters who paint 300
hp

on their 3 hp Honda outboard. Does anyone know what this
was

?

Jean Boucharlat

You are most likely referring to Luc Brumauld des Houlières who retired from the yard in 2011, bought a second hand somewhat derelict SM and totally refurbished her. He is the one who sold me my SM (232). Even though he was a very good salesman, originally, by trade, he was a mechanical assembler and his two hobbies were building timepieces and collecting Porsche. I should not speak of him in the past as he is still very much alive. If anyone comes across him please give him my regards.

Jean Boucharlat

Formerly SM 232

Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 8:52 AM

Last month my wife and I were anchored

off Cabrit in Iles Des Saintes. As often happens, an
Amel

leaving the area altered course and came by to chat. It
was

French flagged boat with a nice gentleman who inquired

whether we were heading north or south. He circled us
once

and left. As he was leaving I noticed that his rub rail
was

sporting "Super Maramu 2000

S"............"S" ???? I had never seen
an

"S" designation on an SM2K. It looked

legitimate.......not like those pranksters who paint 300
hp

on their 3 hp Honda outboard. Does anyone know what this
was

?

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Jean,
I have not met him, but according to what Jean said this is likely the same person!
Thanks for the info!
Sincerely, Alexandre

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, March 9, 2018, 2:35 AM

You are most likely referring to Luc
Brumauld des Houlières who retired from the yard in 2011,
bought a second hand somewhat derelict SM and totally
refurbished her. He is the one who sold me my SM (232). Even
though he was a very good salesman, originally, by trade, he
was a mechanical assembler and his two hobbies were building
timepieces and collecting Porsche. I should not speak of him
in the past as he is still very much alive. If anyone comes
across him please give him my regards.  Jean BoucharlatFormerly SM 232  From:
amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
who’s own SM2K Too Much and met the owner of that “Super
Maramu 2000 S”.
So the owner’s name is
Luc and he apparently work 20 years for Amel..
Somehow his SM2K went back to Amel and had a
ceiling of the style of the 54…
I think
the owner took on himself to add the S, definitely not an
Amel name !

Sincerely,
Alexandre
NIKIMAT - Super Maramu 2000 U