Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Inability To Remove Port Side Genoa Gearbox
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 1:45 PM

For the past year and a half, Pacific
Cool (SM 141 built in 1995) has had a port side genoa winch
that works electrically, but is drawing 160 amps versus 30
amp for the starboard winch. Technicians in Cape Town and
Trinidad tried to remove the gear box with a hydraulic
puller but it would not budge.  Recently, I removed the
motor which drives the gearbox and it seems to be in good
condition, so I assume its the gearbox which has a
bad bearing or is
really gunked up.  There appear to be four nuts
holding the gearbox to the underside of the winch and a gear
inserts up into the winch which prevents complete
disassembly of the winch itself.  Two days ago the winch
stopped working electrically, but I can hear the motor
turning with no movement of the winch.  It still works
manually.  I checked with AMEL in Martinique last year and
they had no clue what to do.
At this point it seems the best
thing to do is sell the boat.  But hopefully someone has a
good idea on what to do.  Any ideas welcome.  I am
currently in Guadeloupe.
Best
Regards,Bill
ShaproskiS/V Pacific
Cool

Porter McRoberts

How about a lewmar 46?

Excuse the errors.
Sent from my IPhone

On Mar 10, 2018, at 5:26 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Bill,

For information, if you can not have the issue solved, I have an complete Leewmar 58 electric winch for sale.

Sincerely, Alexandre

To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 1:45 PM

[...]

Alexandre,
And Bill my apologies.
I lost the drum off the starboard mast Lewmar46 chrome on brass 2 speed winch on passage and am looking for a replacement.

If anyone has either a replacement drum or entire winch I’d be interested.

Many thanks,

Porter McRoberts
Ibis
Amel 54-152

To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 1:45 PM

[...]

Barry Connor

Hi Alexandre,
Just to let you know I got the Spurs kit/gear and now back on our boat. It is perfect just what I wanted and like new as you described. Thank’s again, could you send me the link to your list of gear that you still have for sale.
Best Regards,

Barry and Penny Connor
“Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54.  # 17
Marina di Ragusa,  Sicily

To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 1:45 PM

[...]

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Barry,

I was just going to ask you if you received the parts!
Excellent glad that it fit perfectly on the boat!

Here is the link, http://www.nikimat.com/parts_for_sale/
but my list is not up to date…
Lots of the Onan MDKAL parts are gone.

Not listed:
2 used” the Leroy Sommer transmission as well as 1 electric motor.
1 fan 24 Volt engine room
Like new Mizzen sail, used Main and Genoa.
New strainer, o ring and cover for strainer!
used (Amel) cover for strainer.
I really need to go over the list.
Sincerely, Alexandre

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 4:27 AM

Hi Alexandre,Just to let you know I got
the Spurs kit/gear and now back on our boat. It is perfect
just what I wanted and like new as you described. Thank’s
again, could you send me the link to your list of gear that
you still have for sale.Best
Regards,
Barry and
Penny Connor“Lady Penelope II”Amel
54.  # 17Marina di Ragusa,  Sicily

Sent from my
iPhone
On Mar 11, 2018, at 03:14,
Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@yahoo.com
wrote:

Alexandre,And Bill my
apologies. I lost the drum off the starboard
mast Lewmar46 chrome on brass 2 speed winch on passage and
am looking for a replacement.
If anyone has either a replacement drum or
entire winch I’d be interested.
Many thanks,
Porter
McRobertsIbisAmel 54-152
Excuse the errors.
 Sent from my IPhone Www.fouribis.com
On Mar 10, 2018, at 5:26 PM, Alexandre Uster
von Baar uster@rocketmail.com
wrote:

Hello Bill,

For information, if you can not have the issue solved, I
have an complete Leewmar 58 electric winch for sale.

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Sat, 3/10/18, pacificcool@yahoo...com
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Inability To Remove Port Side
Genoa Gearbox

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 1:45 PM

[...]

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Alexandre,

Do you have a gearbox for main sail furling for sale?

Vladimir
SM 345 "Life is Goog"

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 1:45 PM

[...]

Yes I do Vladimir,
I also have 1 electric motor and the gear that furl the Genoa.

Sincerely Alexandre

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, March 11, 2018, 2:04 PM

"Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@rocketmail.com

------------------------------ --------------

On Sat, 3/10/18, pacificcool@yahoo.com
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.
com> wrote:

Genoa Gearbox

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.
com

Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 1:45 PM

[...]

Please contact me: sonsev52 at gmail.

Also please give me your email.

Vladimir
202 258 1916

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018, 1:45 PM

[...]

pacificcool@...

Hi Alexandre,
I am interested in the 58 winch if it's still available.  How much is it?  Are you in St Martin?  I should be there soon.  I am also interested in some of your other parts for sale.  How do I contact you direct?  I'm not too familiar with how t use this Amel site, so a cell number or email address is better.  My email is bill.shaproski@... and cell s  +1-206-375-2787.

Regards,
Bill Shaproski
S/V Pacific Cool