[Amel Yacht Owners] Dessalator pressure erratic

Mark Erdos

Paul, the belt tension should be that you can move it about 1cm (or less) with a firm push.

I think the manual is referring to a belt slipping casing inconsistent pressure. This would be a really loose belt and you would be able to manually eye the slippage.

Is it possible you have a leak in the high pressure side?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Guadeloupe

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2018 11:18 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Dessalator pressure erratic

Hi,

I have a Dessaltor 100 duo and I'm seeing very erratic pressure to the point where its unusable. In the past I have remedied this by replacing the pre-filter, but this time it has not solved the problem. One thing in the troubleshooting section in the manual is that may be related is belt tension. Would anyone know how to check for the correct belt tension as the manual does not seem to say anthing about this. Failing this, any other ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Paul

Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98

ya_fohi

Hi and thabnks to those who replied.

I have since dioscovered that water is coming out of the pump from an aperture opposite the high pressure outlet. It looks like there is a thread in this and I assume that some bolt has come out although I can't find it. See the image below. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

ya_fohi

This time with image attached.

eric freedman

Did this fitting have a 4 mm thin blue hose attached to it?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2018 10:15 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Dessalator pressure erratic

Hi and thabnks to those who replied.

I have since dioscovered that water is coming out of the pump from an aperture opposite the high pressure outlet. It looks like there is a thread in this and I assume that some bolt has come out although I can't find it. See the image below. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

ya_fohi

Eric,

No it didn't. I've since been told by the Dessalator guy in Spain that it was a brass plug that just screws in to block the hole. It's probably in case you want to connect the supply from the other side. The brass has corroded and I just need to replace it.

Cheers,
Paul
Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98