Baby on Board and where to go in the Bahamas -

ericmeury@...

Hello amel family.

Viki and I are expecting (this is why the boat is on the hard right now) our first little crew member

Nolan (insert middle name)  Meury will be arriving this June.

Our plan is to spend November and December around Stuart Florida as Nolan will be signed up for infant water survival classes there.  Then we are thinking of heading the bahamas for a month and then back to GA where we will keep the boat for the next hurricane season.

I have two requirements for the bahamas...

1.  Some place that has access to mobile internet or awesome wifi as i still have to work m start up (www.pascalworkflow.com) and my tax practice.

2.  Some place that we don't have to worry about draft (marsh harbor or Georgetown? - other ideas)

Also would love some Amel specific or non amel specific for those that have had their baby on board.

Thanks again

Stephanie DiBelardino <stephiedib@...>

Congratulations!

We live in the Bahamas, on land, with our SM at our sea wall. From 2002 to 2007 we lived aboard our Nordhaven at Grand Bahama Yacht Club, which was closed for awhile but I think it has re-openned.

Since Alex was here, some things have changed. I, personally, would not stay at Port Lucaya— way to noisy and a bit run-down, especially after the last 2 hurricanes, Matthew and Irma. But, across the way, is a small club-like marina with beautiful grounds run by a delightful couple, Barb and Laurie (Laurence) Sykes.

Also, another choice, Ocean Reef has more of a community feel with many boaters returning annually. Also has a pool.

Internet on island is dicey, at best. Rather than depend on any marina, I would suggest getting a sim card from Aliv and getting their unlimited data and cell for about $120/ o or just the unltd data.

Feel free to contact me.
Stephanie
SM353 Indecent