Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: new Genoa

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

David,

I think that you agree that the most important thing about a genoa for the SN, SM, 54, 55, & 64 is that the sail fit the downwind pole system, unique to each model.

I have read all of this discussion and I do not believe that I saw mention of that.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 1:18 PM, Dave Benjamin dave_benjamin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

None of the genoas in the Amel sailplans are 150%. The overlap percentage is calculated by this equation - LP/J. LP is a line forming a 90 degree angle with the luff and terminating at the clew. Most Amel genoas exceed 160% using the measurements on the factory sailplans.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Dave_Benjamin

Bill,

If you look at some of my past posts, I've emphasized how important it is that the genoa work well with the poles. Most sailmakers are not well acquainted with this unique system. One of the ways you can tell immediately is if they start discussion of a common size genoa, IE:135%, 150%, etc.

yahoogroups@...

David,

Exactly as I thought, but these Amel owners are doing the same thing. I wanted them to hear it from you, a respected sailmaker and an owner of an Amel.

Best,

Bill Rouse
Amel School
www.amelschool.com