B&G Hydra 2000, analogue MHU (wind sensors) and helm instruments for sale

dbv_au@...

Dear group,

We have replaced our 5x analogue B&G instruments at the helm with 3x Triton2 units - very happy so far.  Also, replaced the analogue depth sounder with a digital (NMEA 2000) Depth-Speed-Temp sensor - great.

Once we replace the existing analogue mast-head wind sensors with a digital unit, then we will be fully upgraded to a N2K bus; and our legacy HYDRA 2000 system can then be retired.

Becoming available in the next 4-6 weeks will be:

B&G Sonic Speed computer
B&G Analogue depth sounder
B&G Analogue MHU (wind direction & speed)
B&G Hydra 2000 unit
5x B&G analogue instruments (spreed, depth, w.SPD, w.DIR, & close-hauled indicator)
Various cables

The Sonic Speed computer may, or may not, be serviceable, as the sonic speed sensor &/or CPU was the first to become unreliable - we would only sometime get reliable speed-through-the-water readings.  Everything else is/was working when removed from service.

If you may be interested, please message or email me at: svperigee [at] gmail [dot] com.

David
Perigee, SM#396
St Maarten

sailor63109@...

David,

Which depth speed temp sensor did you install?  I'm doing the exact same project right now.  Just finished another day of chasing down wiring!

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477

sailor63109@...

David,

Which depth speed temp sensor did you install?  I'm doing the exact same project right now.  Just finished another day of chasing down wiring!

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477

dbv_au@...

Greetings Duane,

I used the Airmar DST800 NMEA2000 version, plastic; it was a direct drop-in replacement for existing depth-sensor (located in bilge outside the FWD head).

Downside: paddle wheel = cleaning, and exposed location.

Upside: no extra hole for speed+depth; plus temp.  Was incrementally rolling out the N2K backbone (which presently ends at the sensor).  Next: will run the backbone up the mast to terminate at the Wind Sensor, which I will do in 3 wks time, when I pull the masts to replace the standing rigging (ACMO).

Cheers,

David
Perigee, SM#396
St Maarten

sailor63109@...

David,

I was looking at the DX900+, which does depth and speed as well but is electromagnetic.  I finally called Airmar and talked to them about it, and the gentleman told me it would not fit in the P17 housing I have.  Too bad, it would have been the easiest and best thing.

I finally went with the UST850S-P17-N2, but that only does speed and temperature, so I'm also putting in an in-hull P79 for depth.

I wanted to avoid a paddle wheel if I could.

Best of luck with your project,
Duane

Wanderer, SM#477
West Palm Beach