B&G Hydra 2000, analogue MHU (wind sensors) and helm instruments for sale

SV Perigee

Dear group,

We have replaced our 5x analogue B&G instruments at the helm with 3x Triton2 units - very happy so far.  Also, replaced the analogue depth sounder with a digital (NMEA 2000) Depth-Speed-Temp sensor - great.

Once we replace the existing analogue mast-head wind sensors with a digital unit, then we will be fully upgraded to a N2K bus; and our legacy HYDRA 2000 system can then be retired.

Becoming available in the next 4-6 weeks will be:

B&G Sonic Speed computer
B&G Analogue depth sounder
B&G Analogue MHU (wind direction & speed)
B&G Hydra 2000 unit
5x B&G analogue instruments (spreed, depth, w.SPD, w.DIR, & close-hauled indicator)
Various cables

The Sonic Speed computer may, or may not, be serviceable, as the sonic speed sensor &/or CPU was the first to become unreliable - we would only sometime get reliable speed-through-the-water readings.  Everything else is/was working when removed from service.

If you may be interested, please message or email me at: svperigee [at] gmail [dot] com.

David
Perigee, SM#396
St Maarten

Duane Siegfri

David,

Which depth speed temp sensor did you install?  I'm doing the exact same project right now.  Just finished another day of chasing down wiring!

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477

Duane Siegfri

David,

Which depth speed temp sensor did you install?  I'm doing the exact same project right now.  Just finished another day of chasing down wiring!

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477

SV Perigee

Greetings Duane,

I used the Airmar DST800 NMEA2000 version, plastic; it was a direct drop-in replacement for existing depth-sensor (located in bilge outside the FWD head).

Downside: paddle wheel = cleaning, and exposed location.

Upside: no extra hole for speed+depth; plus temp.  Was incrementally rolling out the N2K backbone (which presently ends at the sensor).  Next: will run the backbone up the mast to terminate at the Wind Sensor, which I will do in 3 wks time, when I pull the masts to replace the standing rigging (ACMO).

Cheers,

David
Perigee, SM#396
St Maarten

Duane Siegfri

David,

I was looking at the DX900+, which does depth and speed as well but is electromagnetic.  I finally called Airmar and talked to them about it, and the gentleman told me it would not fit in the P17 housing I have.  Too bad, it would have been the easiest and best thing.

I finally went with the UST850S-P17-N2, but that only does speed and temperature, so I'm also putting in an in-hull P79 for depth.

I wanted to avoid a paddle wheel if I could.

Best of luck with your project,
Duane

Wanderer, SM#477
West Palm Beach