Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rats!
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 12:35 PM

We've had the unwelcome visitor as
a result of a West Palm Beach Marina.
I'm looking for all
points of entry and wondered what others might have done
about the exhaust behind the port side Amel logo panel, just
even with the helm.  It has three round openings, I assume
for the kitchen exhaust.  None of them have screens so a
mouse or rat could climb in and exit around the fan
blades.
Has anyone found a good way
to put a screen around it?  Or maybe feel that it's not
needed?
Thanks,DuaneWanderer,
SM#477

Alexandre Uster von Baar

I forgot (this is what I am doing now in the apartment): “Keep the lights on”.
Back in Tortola, I put motion detector light.

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Rats!
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018, 12:45 PM

Hello Duane,

I feel for you! This happened to me over a year ago in
Tortola…

Took me 10 days to get rid of the rat… (it is on my
facebook).

If you think it tenter through the Amel logo then into the
kitchen fan, may be you can temporarily block the logo

http://www.nikimat.com/engine_room_air_intake.html

In my case, it was entering through the hatches, so I just
closed them all, then one night tried to cut the mosquito
mesh going to my cabin…

If you think the rat is inside the boat: make lots of noise
(with boat horn, let your neighbors know first).

If you think it comes at night close everything and put
traps…

Make sure it die outside the boat, they smell terribly when
dead…

Good luck.. Alexandre

On Sat, 3/24/18, sailor63109@yahoo.com [amelyachtowners]

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com