[Amel Yacht Owners] b&g wind speed indicator

luvkante

Dear Seckin,

You obviously need a new bearing part nr: 213-10-038. Price about 130 $.

Best regards,

Martin
AMEL 54, Nr. 149 CHIARA
currently Antigua

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 16.04.2018 um 14:51 schrieb Seckin Barlas seckinbar@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Dear All;

Our SM wind speed indicator in not working.
The direction is working but the indicator in the top of the mast is locked and is barely can be moved by hand.
Our boat is year 1992 hull #76.

The insturements are B&G.
In the attached file you can see the display system. (Maybe you need to understand the model number…etc)

How can we fix it?
Do I need to replace the system?
Anyone knows the model number?

Thanks in advance;

Seckin Barlas
S/Y HAYAT SM#76

Mark Erdos

Be very careful when removing the old bearing. It is VERY easy to break the fitting causing you to buy the entire arm. Use lots of penetrating oil. It is best not to do this at the top of the mast, bring the entire arm fitting down (it just plugs in to the socket).

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff

www.creampuff.us

[...]

Thanks alot for the answers…
I will try it.

If possible, I will take pictures, and publish it here.

On 16 Apr 2018, at 16:27, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

greatketch@...

When I was looking at this project, I found this video on "how-to":

My Italian isn't good enough to follow along with the spoken part, but just watching will give you a lot of good tips that will keep you from making a mess of the existing instrument as you get the old bearings out!

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Great Guana Cay, Abacos, Bahamas

John Clark

Hi Seckin,
  Mark is right be gentle with it.  The wind sensor assembly is about $1200USD.  I broke the threads on mine but was able to repair it.  The previoys owner told me to take it done and flush it with alcohol and fresh water periodically.  Not sure what his periodicity was because it froze up a month after I bought the boat.

John
SV Annie SM 37
Sailing to St. Thomas