Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Volvos.......

greatketch@...

According to my shop manual the maximum no-load speed is coded into the "setting code" on the injection pump.

The manual says:
"A typical setting code is 2643H000CE/1/3200  In this example the maximum speed is 3200 rpm."
The setting code on my engine is 2643H058BE/1/5150  which would indicate the the correct no-load maximum speed is 5150 RPM.

The code is stamped into a label on the side of the injection pump...  like the (hopefully) attached photo.

If yours is the same, I am not sure I see the problem yet..

Whenever you are checking the rotational speed of the engine for critical adjustments, be sure you do not trust the installed tachometer.  They can be wildly inaccurate.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie

Bill,

 Thanks. That's really useful.  I find that in  neutral it is now idling at 800 revs, which seems high;  more importantly, it revs above 3,000--and that's without the throttle flat out.

Looking rather as though the pump now heads the list of usual suspects. Ouch. Still, just about everything else has been rebuilt , so I guess it was feeling left out.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Athens