[Amel Yacht Owners] Exhaust elbow and cooling

Mark Erdos

Pat,

Any obstruction on the salt-water cooling side before or after raw water pump is going to impede flow and cause the engine to run hot. So the answer is, yes.

The most common causes for a boat engine to run hot (assuming adequate water flow is available) is a damaged impeller or blocked heat exchanger/after cooler.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Bonaire

www.creampuff.us