[Amel Yacht Owners] Main sheet boom slider broken

Stephen Morrison <steve_morrison@...>

Hi Kent,

I had the same crack when I bought TouRai and had it separate from the boom entirely on my first move from Lauderdale to Brunswick, GA. I had Houston from Nance and Underwood in Lauderdale make a new fitting that put all three attachment points on a single, much more substantial fitting. It slides in to the original T-track and has several screws that hold it in place along the track like the originals. I am very happy with it and have tremendously more confidence in it that the original separate fittings. I brought them my boom as there was damage to my track, but I suspect he could make one for you remotely as well.

All the best,
Steve Morrison
SM380 TouRai
Hilton Head, SC

On May 8, 2018, at 12:11 PM, karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,
I just discovered that the main sheet connector at the boom is cracked/broken. The “T” has broken from the vertical part. Pics attached. Does anyone know who makes this part, size or part number?

What is it called?

Thanks, as usual, for any help.
Kent
SN 243
KRISTY

karkauai

Thanks, Steve. How did you attach that pic?
Kent

Stephen Morrison <steve_morrison@...>

I didn’t knowingly do anything smart. I’m on my phone as was the photo, and while I was typing my response to you I just dropped down a couple lines (hit return) and then held my thumb on the cursor until the options pulled up (select, select all, quote level, >). I pressed the arrow on far right to take me to the second page of options and hit “insert photo or video” which took me to my photo library where I located the photo and hit “choose”.

All the best,
Steve
TouRai

On May 8, 2018, at 12:43 PM, karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks, Steve. How did you attach that pic?
Kent

karkauai

Hmmm, I’ll try that again.

Do you have drawings for the boom connector you had made?
Thanks
Kent
SM243
KRISTY

On May 8, 2018, at 1:09 PM, Stephen Morrison steve_morrison@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I didn’t knowingly do anything smart. I’m on my phone as was the photo, and while I was typing my response to you I just dropped down a couple lines (hit return) and then held my thumb on the cursor until the options pulled up (select, select all, quote level, >). I pressed the arrow on far right to take me to the second page of options and hit “insert photo or video” which took me to my photo library where I located the photo and hit “choose”.

All the best,
Steve
TouRai

On May 8, 2018, at 12:43 PM, karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks, Steve. How did you attach that pic?
Kent

Stephen Morrison <steve_morrison@...>

I will take a few photos and some measurements and email them to you, but Houston did it all on his own. I just asked if it might be possible to combine them all and then picked up the boom a week later sandblasted, and powder coated with the track repaired and the new connector installed.

As I recall it was either 1100 or 1400. He was apologetic for the cost and I just kept thinking how thrilled I was to have it all looking so good. When the piece ripped out it made a mess of the track

Steve
TouRai