From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of lji0041@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 5:13:27 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Cancelling my membership from this forum

Hi mates,

I am sorry if I cannot follow the details on this. I just made an exercise to look in the database.

What I could see is that you guys have helped each other and the rest of mates through all these years.

It is a pity that we cannot see each other sharing some beers in the canteen, as if we were on the same port. Probably it would be different.

Definitely, the email and sequels were invented by the devil, so we have to be careful in how we use it, because we cannot see our faces and lose a lot of the communication.

Forums like this, where the goal is to help each other, cannot afford losing valued members. I wish you could pick up the phone and see what is really going on.

Wish I could be with you guys in the middle of a real storm. I know I would be safe.

Jose

Alan Leslie

Good words Rink

Let's carry on !

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

With you on that Rink

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 12 May 2018 at 21:46 "Rink de Haan rinkdehaan@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Jose, you are right.
With my tone of voice I didn’t achieve what I wanted. I apologize to everyone who’s offended.
Let’s keep up the good work of this forum.
Regards
Rink

I am sorry if I cannot follow the details on this. I just made an exercise to look in the database.

What I could see is that you guys have helped each other and the rest of mates through all these years.

It is a pity that we cannot see each other sharing some beers in the canteen, as if we were on the same port. Probably it would be different.

Definitely, the email and sequels were invented by the devil, so we have to be careful in how we use it, because we cannot see our faces and lose a lot of the communication.

Forums like this, where the goal is to help each other, cannot afford losing valued members. I wish you could pick up the phone and see what is really going on.

Wish I could be with you guys in the middle of a real storm. I know I would be safe.

Jose

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Rink,

I am very glad you are not leaving the forum.
Sometime in the heat of the action we write things quickly.

I remember long ago, I wrote that I stop a diesel engine blocking the air intake with my hand , I got slammed… my feeling got a bit hurt, I could have argued about the (small size) of the engine, bla bla bla, and actually be right about it, but overall people were right, I should have use a piece of wood. I am glad I didn’t leave the forum back then and I think a few people are as well.

So definitely glad you are staying.

Sincerely, Alexandre

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, May 12, 2018, 1:36 PM