Sea water pump

Peter Forbes

I feel such a fool! It must be the sun that has got to me - I asked about water pumps and mistakenly in my post asked about fresh water pumps - many people including Bill replied very kindly -

What I meant was the sea water pump for the fridges which seems to draw only 1 amp the only replacements I can find draw about 3-5 amps - I have asked Maud at Amel and she has none. Any ideas the pump is 12v draws 1 amp amp pumps 6 litres of salt water per minute. Does anyone know if the associated circuitry including the frigoboat distribution box can take 3 amps - I guess not as got has a 2 amp fuse?

Peter

Peter Forbes
Amel 54#035 Carango
Azores en route to La Rochelle
00447836 209730

ofer magen

Hi,
I was also looking for a circulation pump for the fridges. I bought a "europump" which is rated on the label to draw 1amp, but actually was drawing 2.5-3 amps and blew the fuse up. I changed the fuse to 3 amps, but then the regulator did not work and had all the lights blinking.
So, I ordered from the clima distributor the original frigoboat pump. Instead I got a "flojet" pump. I installed it and it worked!

Regards to all,

Ofer Magen
Amel 54 160 Alba
In Cyprus