Topics

[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Sea water pump

I believe the complete number for Mark & Debbie Mueller "Brass Ring" posting is Flojet Flojet 4105-512. This is 12VDC with 3/4" close to 20mm hose barb fittings. Of course, on a 54, you can wire either a 12VDC, or a 24VDC pump to the pump controller.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 8:11 AM, brass.ring@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

When we purchased our Amel it had two different Flojet pumps for the refrigeration system installed in the engine space.  I talked with Coastal Climate Control, they confirm the correct pump for the three Frigoboat systems delivered 1.5 GPM & and they recommended Flojet.  I purchased a Flojet model # 04105512A.  This pump is rated At 1.6 GPM and 1.2 A.  This is a series 4105 pump, I believe the suffix designates the fitting type shipped with the pump.  Mine were ¾” hose barb.  Hopefully, the data sheet is attached.

Mark & Debbie Mueller

A54 – 68  Brass Ring

Ft. Lauderdale

karkauai

Bill, you are talking about 12v pumps for refrigerator cooling systems.  Kristy has air-cooled compressors, all are 24v.  Are the 54s outfitted with 12v refrigerators?  If so, how are they powered?

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM 243

On May 17, 2018, at 1:08 PM, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

Kent,

Ahhh, trying to catch me in a mistake? I do make them, but not this time!

The Amel 54 has a distribution relay/power converter (Frigoboat E51385) that allows the connection of either 12VDC or 24VDC pumps.The issue is that this relay is connected to 12VDC output terminals on the Danfoss compressor controller. Output Terminals on The Danfoss are marked “+” and “F.” These terminals will will always be 12VDC, even if power supplied to compressors is 24V. Frigoboat states that either a 12VDC or 24VDC pump can be used.

BTW, E51385 has been replaced by a simple relay(s). See following:

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 8:11 AM, brass.ring@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

When we purchased our Amel it had two different Flojet pumps for the refrigeration system installed in the engine space.  I talked with Coastal Climate Control, they confirm the correct pump for the three Frigoboat systems delivered 1.5 GPM & and they recommended Flojet.  I purchased a Flojet model # 04105512A.  This pump is rated At 1.6 GPM and 1.2 A.  This is a series 4105 pump, I believe the suffix designates the fitting type shipped with the pump.  Mine were ¾” hose barb.  Hopefully, the data sheet is attached.

Mark & Debbie Mueller

A54 – 68  Brass Ring

Ft. Lauderdale

Peter Forbes

Brilliant - thank you

Peter
Carango

On 17 May 2018, at 21:22, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[...]

No, I wasn’t trying to catch you in an error, Bill.  That would’ve a futile exercise.
I have replaced one of my saloon coolers with a new Frigoboat unit that has different CPU and remote display/control panel, and now have different parts to consider carrying when sailing to the SPac.

Any suggestions about the best way to minimize spare parts list for these?  Would this new 12/24v unit help?  It looks like it’s just for boats with water-cooled compressors.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM243