Topics

Raw water - seastrainer alarm

webercardio@...

Hello to the group,

This time by testing the sea-strainer alarm ( shortly closed the valve for the inlet)  I heard no Alarm.

Can I clean the switch or do I have to replace it ?.Flush the tube ?

Thank you very much

Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54 #162 on the way to Lipari/Sicily

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Wolfgag:  Some years back I did the same test and got no alarm.  I removed the vacuum switch (at the top of a loop of copper tubing mounted in a difficult access point on the fuel tank wood trim.  It was completely corroded closed.  I replaced it.  It was at about the 10 year mark when I replaced it but it may have been bad for some years.  Unscrew the switch to see how much corrosion you have to make a decision about replacement or just cleaning.

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 #335