Finally a real forum member

Arno Luijten

Hi All,

We have now taken our new pride to Curacao, she is lying safely at the dock of Curacao Marine in good company of another 54 and a Sharky.
Our "maidenvoyage" went very well, it took us 72 hours to get from Martinique to Curacao. Now a long list of things to do awaits us to bring Luna back to her former glory. But I cannot wait to get started.
So I will be on at the boat quite frequently, anyone that want to pay us a visit there is more then welcome.

Regards,

Arno

SV Perigee

Well done Arno, and we hope you revel in your steep earning curve to come.

David & Leanne
Perigee, SM#396,
On anchor, Le Marin

John Clark

Congratulations again Arno, make sure to come by and visit when you return.

                                         John
SV Annie SM37
Le Marin

Arno Luijten

Dear Forum,

Last week we had a very succesful survey of our new (to us) 54. The surveyor was very positive and the seatrial went very well. She will be on the hard for a few days now to have Amel work on some minor issues and do all the preventive maintenance to the underwater “stuff”.
By the end of the month we will pick her up in Martinique and sail her to Curacao (weather permitting). Next we will have her on the hard in Curacao to start the revivial process (cleaning and polishing).
I would like to thank all people involved in this succesful week.
Moreover I want to give special thanks to Alexandere (Nikkimat) as he has been a fantastic support for me during for the last week.

Arno
Luna, A54

Arno Luijten

Dear Forum,

After quite some time lurking on this forum and provided unsollicited comments to Amel owners , we finally managed to get hold of one of our own. If all goes well we will gain the ownership by mid-July.

She is a 2009 Amel 54 in dire need of a lot of t.l.c.

We will bring her to Curacao in the next month and put her on the hard for the remainder of the hurricane season. There we will start with the extensive process to bring her back to her original “Grandeur”.

My first question is about Coppercoat. Is that possible/recommendable for an Amel?

I’m sure many other questions will pop up in the coming months.

Regards

Arno

A54 - Luna