[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: ball valve on outlet of holding tank replacement

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi. I've had no trouble unscrewing  the valve. The hardest part is the hose. Trying to bend it enough to go on. Need to find ways to heat it to soften it.. Recommend new hose while you are at it. I got on ok without removing the pan.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 06 July 2018 at 14:41 "pandmdegroot@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Mark Craig and Gary,
I've ordered the valve, it should be here next week.  My only remaining fear is that the valve is stuck, frozen onto the embedded nipple in the hull. I'll start with penetrating fluid this weekend. If the torque get's high and it doesn't budge, I'll be back on the forum.  Otherwise thanks! You all have provided a big boost of confidence, and the precise knowledge of what to expect.  

BTW.  I do struggle with the search function in Yahoo, both for photos and for topics.

Ryan Meador

When I was doing holding tank hose work, I found a hairdryer (conveniently provided by Amel, I believe) pointed into the hose did a good job of making it flexible.  If you're trying to remove it, you could pump some hot water through it.

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 12:25 AM Danny and Yvonne SIMMS simms@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi. I've had no trouble unscrewing  the valve. The hardest part is the hose. Trying to bend it enough to go on. Need to find ways to heat it to soften it.. Recommend new hose while you are at it. I got on ok without removing the pan.

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 06 July 2018 at 14:41 "pandmdegroot@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Mark Craig and Gary,
I've ordered the valve, it should be here next week.  My only remaining fear is that the valve is stuck, frozen onto the embedded nipple in the hull. I'll start with penetrating fluid this weekend. If the torque get's high and it doesn't budge, I'll be back on the forum.  Otherwise thanks! You all have provided a big boost of confidence, and the precise knowledge of what to expect.  

BTW.  I do struggle with the search function in Yahoo, both for photos and for topics.