[Amel Yacht Owners] Victron Centaur 24/60 [1 Attachment]

Kelly Ran

Hey Bill,

Sorry to hear about that!
Looks like a diode to me... Possible failure modes-
Too much forward current if forward biased
If the diode is reverse biased, then too high a reverse standoff voltage
Probably better diagnosed if you pull the PCB out

Kelly + Ryan
SM233 Iteration
Boston

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018, 09:43 william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

Hey everyone -

Went out for a beautiful day yesterday. Everything was perfect until I plugged back into the dock and flipped the charger on. About a minute after there was a loud "pop" and a plume of white smoke that came from the engine room. Upon further investigation I found that the charger blew. (See picture in mark up). All is good and again I came to respect the redundancies on this boat even more. Problem temporarily solved by switching on the heart charger located in the aft cabin. (Usually I only use this charger as a supplement with my primary (Victron Centaur 24/60 while on generator power) It looks like a resister blew and the charger is less than 2 years old. Can anyone chime in on a  possible reason beside faulty equipment? Voltages all check out at post and plug end. The boat did a good job protecting itself and popped the breaker.  Just looking for some additional comments. Many thanks.

Bill Maffei

Its all Good

SM #195