[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Onan Water Pump

Mark,

That is an Onan water flow sensor. It was added to the Onan probably after your hull number...probably around hull #300. Of course the control PCB is different also to handle additional sensors etc. Interestingly, Onan later dropped the water flow sensor. I assume it was redundant because of coolant temperature switch/sensor and exhaust elbow temperature switch/sensor.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Any opinions and conclusions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and should not be construed as representing the opinion of an expert. Manufacturers' and Expert's precautions must be taken when dealing with mechanical and/or electrical systems to ensure that you are NOT harmed, and/or the device and/or system is NOT ruined. If in doubt, do not touch any referred to mechanical and/or electrical device or system.

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 1:17 PM 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

David,

What is the sensor located after the filter?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Bonaire

www.creampuff.us