Mystery Maramu object

smiles bernard

Hello 👋
Could anyone help identify this item?
My guess is the lock off on the steering hub as Sea Love is missing that screw/clamp option from her morse steering hub

But would value thoughts before I dismantle things!

Sea Love is a 1985 Maramu

Many thanks in advance

Miles

Alejandro Paquin

Yes.It looks like the lock on the wheel.

Alex Paquin
SIMPATICO
Maramu #94, 1981

sbmesasailor

Yes, I believe you are correct that it is the helm brake but it looks like the reason it is not where it belongs is because it is missing the block that the screw presses against the steering shaft.  Don't reassemble before replacing that block (it'll be flat on one side for the screw and curved on the other for the shaft.

Dennis
Libertad
Maramu #121