From: Danny and Yvonne SIMMS simms@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Fri, Aug 24, 2018 3:41 pm
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Helm Seat

I understand where you are coming from Pat. So long as you go into it with your eyes open. I have often thought of getting molded padding  bottom sides and back while retaining the stability and grab bars. Just never got uncomfortable enough to make it a priority
Kind Regards
Danny
SM 299
Ocean pearl
On 24 August 2018 at 12:21 "Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Danny, All good points and I don't disagree that safety comes first , before all else.. The seat I am considering would have s.s handholds and  it would not be free to swivel . A prior owner just emailed me and told me his seat was rock solid ,held him snugly in the seat and he felt safer than with his old seat in ext reme conditions. We just came off the boat and remembered  one reason I always thought I would like something different. The seat is a little high for me, I would like it about 2 or 3 inches lower. In the past I had thought about cutting a couple of inches off the bottom and re glassing the foot back in. You have a newer design and I am sure its more comfortable than mine . This thread has run long enough, I was hoping to hear from anyone that has replaced the helm seat, two so far and both positive. I will probably seek out other sources to determine how solid and secure they, are and will not make a change unless I am sure .
Thanks,
Pat